Thursday, July 24, 2008

North Henry and Herbert

Curbed has their building collapse betting pool and if I were a betting man, I'd send this over to them. And while I'd love to get into a serious discussion about this building's underpinning and shoring, I know you don't want to read it. Instead, I'm going to bet this sidewalk collapses. Let's focus on that the corner where they decided they didn't need any of those 4x4's to shore up the sidewalk. It's obvious it was just too difficult a detail to resolve. Slackers.

The purple line approximates grade.
This is that corner from the other side of the construction fence.


Please note the ominous cracks in the sidewalk.
Just big enough for a small child to fit through, about 12'[?] down.
It rained an awful lot this morning and these guys are moving ultra slow...

No comments: