Sunday, April 13, 2008

"We're gonna go ahead and evacuate now. No, seriously."

We went to brunch this morning at a friend's house. We arrived, sat down and were getting settled. On the way in, it was duly noted that there was a little smoke from a small grease fire. Nothing to worry about. Bacon is greasy. Well it seems the fire got more fiery quickly and within a few minutes of arriving our gracious hosts let us know it was time to leave quickly and in an orderly fashion.

Lesson learned: have a fire extinguisher in your house. We don't have one, but will very soon.

Greenpoint does have more fires than any other neighborhood in the city.
(oven photo credit: our host)

No comments: