Tuesday, September 23, 2008

12:15...Payback Time!!!

I stepped onto the train and this note on a seat caught my eye. Please note that this note contains objectionable (but possibly prophetic) language and may not be suitable for all readers.

The woman who sat down next to the note, who also read it, noticed me take a picture of it. She then proceeded to crumple it up and throw it between the train and the platform (we were stopped at 42nd St.). You'd think she'd never seen the PSA advising her that litter on the tracks causes track fires and that causes delays.
The text:

"MY MOTHER
RAPED
...AND THEN...
GANG-BANGED
WHILE "UNITY"
SAT ON THE FENCE.
MY "FRIENDS" SWUNG
ON THE SWING.
-Chelsea Clinton
IT IS...
PAYBACK
TIME!!!"

First, I love the clock graphic; apparently payback time is 12:15. It really did it for me. Second, that could be interpreted as a veiled threat against senator Obama?

Only in New York, kids. Only in New York.



No comments: